Saturday, August 15, 2009

New Comm And Me <3

My name is Portia,

"hi Portia"

I have a obsession with communication technology

* all clap in support*

I am one of the biggest internet whores ( oops naughty word ). Started at a young age by my father ( well this just started sounding VERY wrong) who had a masters in IT, so it was natural that we would have every piece of new computer, new software, new hardware. As quickly as technology was advancing we seemed to be getting it within an instant of it being released.

I haven't known a life without communication technology,( computers, mobiles, telephones, the internet) and quite frankly I don't want to! Its been a part of my life for as long as i can remember and i don't know what i would do without it! I would die without my mobile phone, which i seem to replace and update quite regularly!

I'm an avid user/ tryer-out-er of any new internet anything! Games, social networking sites, chat rooms, forums, video sharing... ( all aformentioned yet not limited to)

I have acocunt on facebook, myspace, twitter, hotmail, yahoo, google, msn, skype,bebo, myyearbook,WAYN, runscape, WoW, blogger and probably countless other sites i signed up for to have a sticky beak at!

without the use of these communication technologies I wouldn't be able to, as easily, keep in contact with friends and family that live far away from me! I lived overseas during alot of my childhood and can still stay in close contact with the friends I grew up with in those countries. Its not the same as if i was to see them every so often, but it helps to stay connected.
I would also not have been able to meet some of the wonderful friends i now have! ( on that, be careful who you meet off the internet, they could be anyone, identity change via the internet is the easiest thing to do!)

I have always been aware of sites terms and conditions and privacy issues. So learning this in the course was not new to me ( although some people in the lecture were incredibly shocked at this!)

I am always careful to ensure all my pages are on private and that i keep personal informations( where i live, where i work, address, phone numbers, where i went to school, where i go to uni) completely private and only available to those i have approved to view it.

In short, i love the internet, i love my phone, but they should be used wisely(i.e dont google while driving, dont text while driving) so you dont end up being stalked, or spammed or putting yourself in any sort of personal danger because of the information you have put up on there!

TTFN
Ta Ta For Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment