Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Week 6 Lecture/ Tutorial Task

Week 6's lecture was on "Mobile content: Production and Consumption".

Consumption VS Production!!

Consumption: = two groups; big screen and small screen. Big screen includes; Cinemas( primary means of consuming media) Televison( consume media in the privacy of your home) Computers( a whole world of media to consume!)
Small screen includes; fixed media players,as like found on aeroplanes, Personal Media players i.e mobile phones, Small Screen consumption are more personal media consumption unlike the more public media consumption of big screen.

Most people used to be consumers, however there is now a growing number of everyday people turning into producers, fan vidoes and channels and blogs have become seemingly popular these days.

Which one are you? I would probably say I'm more of a consumer, I don't really produce anything, nothing of great interest anyway!

The lecturer showed us this site called http://thetrailermash.com, which was basically what the link says, a mash up for a whole different bunch of movie trailers to make them look like something completely different to what they are. In the lecture we watched a mash up for the mary poppins trailer entitled "scary mary"
when checking out the site myself the first one that came up was the notebook mash up, and i giggled my ass off! it was great! and so easily changed, i watched a few more and now this site is in my favourite's list!

For this weeks tutorial task we were asked to make a videp using only still images, so i decided to make mine on the love of my life, my little lady, My pet snake Princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment